Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursdays: Here comes the Sun


As a preface: I'm normally a night person. When I wasn't working a job that required me to be at work and ready to go at 4 AM, I would routinely stay up until midnight or 1 AM, though 11 PM to midnight was more usual. I enjoy the night quite a bit. However, I am still extremely thankful for the Sun and the fact that it has finally started to come out more now that we're into Spring.


(c) Royalty-free/CORBIS

Now, quite obviously the Sun is awesome. I mean, it just sits up there giving out free energy to anyone who wants some. I mean, how nice is that? Of course, this mostly comes to us in the form of light and heat, so take of that what you will. But still, nice!

Okay, sorry, gotta a little facetious there. Apologies.

I am really grateful for it, though. After the long and dreary winter, getting back in the sun is a pleasure. There really is something to the notion that the change from winter to spring is revitalizing to the human body. Not only do I feel better after a bit in the sun, but I'm generally happier afterwards as well.

Even just getting the sunlight in the apartment is nice. Makes it feel more open and just generally better. I know, I'm being really descriptive, but I think you all know what I mean. It's such an emotional lift, to feel the natural warmth on you after a long winter that just seems like it'll hold on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment