Monday, April 8, 2013

Putting Words in Your Mouth

So, I'm trying to get back to doing videos for my local gaming store, the Foundry. I did them for a long while this past fall (you can find them here) pertaining to gaming news across multiple gaming systems, such as Warhammer, Malifaux, and Flames of War, but due to work issues I stopped doing them.

When you work at 4 AM, staying up late to film a video doesn't really become high on your priority list.

But now that I'm mostly settled in, I'm trying to get back to it because I really enjoyed it. Rather than the biweekly pace I did before (when I was unemployed), I plan on doing bi-monthly videos instead so I can hopefully keep on track rather than slipping behind. However, I'm only going to do one news broadcast because, lets face it, unless I cover absolutely every company invovled in tabletop gaming, I'm not going to have enough info for a broadcast twice monthly. And since I'm doing this for a local scene, I'd rather cover what we care about rather than just adding info no one will care about.

So, to take up the slack, I'm going to start covering the finer points of tactics as taught by the masters. By masters, I don't mean top players, I'm going straight to the source: Sun-Tzu, Clauswitz, etc. While they talk about warfare on usually a much larger scale than these games are able to cover, the principles they teach are still incredibly useful.

It looks to be a lot of fun, and for this first one I'll be talking about flexibility and multi-role capability, both on the strategic and tactical scales. Got the script mostly written last night (just needs some tuning), and I hope to have it filmed and online by next Monday. Now, to figure out who to use to voice the video...

No comments:

Post a Comment