Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Follow-up: Worry isn't worth it

So, yesterday I wrote a post about worry, and job interviews, and all that jazz. Well, first off, the Lord does work in His own ways and time, and I now have a new job! Was quite amazed and a little shocked at how fast it all happened, feels a little like a dream, but it really happened.

Which brings me to my point: all that worrying I did last week was for nothing. I was so worried that the other job would take me away from things I felt I needed to do, from things I wanted to do, and it turned out not to matter. I knew the other job would give me and Alicia more in the way of financial security, and it would have given me a little more downtime to recover, but the trade-off was just too great in my mind, which is what was making me fret over it.

But now, none of that is an issue. I truly believe the Lord was with me through it all. I was so much more confident during the interview itself, I actually didn't worry about it beforehand much. And I was hired literally less than an hour after the interview was over. I was just so blessed through the entire process that it had to be the Lord's hand involved.

So, the biggest point is: what did I learn? I learned that worry doesn't change anything, and when looks like my best option is horrible, there just may be a better one coming along the pipeline. Patience may be hard, but there's a reason why it's a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment